Home Crypto Altcoin News BitTorrent token sale a raging success amidst minor malfunctions

BitTorrent token sale a raging success amidst minor malfunctions

BitTorrent’s new token, BTT, flew off the shelves today proving the token sale space is still alive. However, technical difficulties slightly interrupted the process.

The sale

According to an article published today from The Block, interested investors bought up the entire $7.2 million BitTorrent (BTT) public token sale in under 20 minutes. The launch took place on the Binance Launchpad platform.

BitTorrent built its BTT token on Tron’s blockchain, making the asset a TRON TRC-10 token. BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing platform and will utilize BTT in its ecosystem, as detailed in a recent Crypto Insider article.

“Though BitTorrent functions quite well as-is, the addition of BitTorrent Token aims to optimize the process,” Crypto Insider explained.

According to BitTorrent’s website,

BitTorrent (BTT) allows content creators to connect with their audience, earn and spend digital currency without a middleman. By connecting the BitTorrent peer-to-peer network to the TRON blockchain, we offer a new experience to over 100M+ users.”


According to The Block, based on information from the Binance Launchpad,

[T]he public sale offered ~6 percent of the the total token supply at a rate of 1BTT to .00012 USD, with a $20,000 individual cap and 100,000 BTT minimum. The sale was provisioned across two funding pairs, with 40% of the sale allocated to Binance’s BNB token, and the remaining 60% allocated for Tron’s TRX.”

Flash sale difficulties

BitTorrent’s fire sale did, however, see a few difficulties which slightly slowed the process. Nonetheless, Changpeng Zhao (aka “CZ Binance” on Twitter) recently sent out several tweets to explain that the situation was a result of “user agreement confirmation” clicking difficulties.

Tron founder and BitTorrent CEO Justin Sun also tweeted about the possibility to airdrop customers BTT in response to the recent launch disruption. According to his tweet, CZ seemed to be on board with the idea stating further details are to be announced.

Back to 2017?

BTT demand rivalled with what the public saw many times in 2017 and 2018. Near the tail of the last bull market, CrowdFundInsider reported on SelfKey’s public initial coin offering (ICO) which sold out in 11 minutes, reaching a cap of almost $6 million.

Oddly enough, bitcoin took a slight fall the same day as BitTorrent’s exuberant token sale. Over the last 24 hours, crypto’s largest asset fell from $3,59 to $3,477 at the time of this writing, as presented by CoinMarketCap data. Over the past several days, bitcoin has lacked volatility, and today’s drop has marked an exception.

The above is to be considered opinion and not investment advice in any way, as an unbiased media, no one interferes with the Editorial content of CryptoInsider.com, writers have freedom to choose their own direction, members of Crypto Insider do not participate in trades based on content.

Like what we wrote? Donate to us today so we may continue to write! 
ETH: 0xDf4d2529D777a80717E85Ed2269830ad6265951B
LTC: LMT3LCbCSvActkVo4dgzbHjn1HPrCgKch2
BCH: 17sFsLgZq9jibtqi5Bo5SiUcCD4TG8RQwE

Benjamin Pirus
Benjamin Pirus
BJ is a full time writer, editor, and trader in the cryptocurrency space. He has written many professional articles for numerous ICOs, news sites, and other interested parties in the crypto space. He is also a trader, staying up to date with the crypto markets constantly, and dabbling in traditional financial market trading occasionally.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.



Interview: Yoni Assia on eToroX and the cryptocurrency market

On April 16th 2019, eToro founder and CEO Yoni Assia has agreed to do an exclusive interview for Crypto Insider at the Paris Blockchain...